Tuesday, October 26, 2010

A favor from God

I hate the way Filipinos view favors
...they will give you favors only if they know you can reciprocate
...sure it's practical, but where's the sincerity?

I personally know someone who I asked a favor from
...and she said "sure, I will intentionally arrive late for work JUST SO I CAN HELP YOU."
...I knew she wanted to help me out
...but she was making sure that I knew she was giving me a favor
...as if she was indirectly making me feel obliged to reciprocate in the future
...as if she was making my debt of gratitude to be heavier

Obviously it left a sour taste in my mouth.

You Filipinos should adapt my mentality when it comes to favors...


If the individual knows you granted them a favor
...you will most likely get a favor from them in return

If the individual does not know you granted them a favor
...you will receive a favor from God


Try doing this yourself
...what you feel in your chest when you grant these invisible favors
...it's called beauty, class, and virtue

This is God-like.

No comments:

Post a Comment